NANN’s Latest CNENow! Modules
Obtain your continuing nursing education (CNE) hours with our latest CNENow! modules, and remember, CNENow! is free to NANN members and $10 per module for non-members.
Maximizing Nutrition for the Extremely Low Birth Weight Infant
Ruth Snyder, MSN APNC NNP-BC, MidAtlantic Neonatology Associates, Morristown Medical Center
- Describe why the birth of an extremely low birth weight (ELBW) infant is a nutritional emergency
- Identify goals of early nutritional support for the ELBW infant
- Recognize the importance of early parenteral nutrition and optimal intravenous access
- Identify the challenges and limitations to providing parenteral nutrition to achieve optimal postnatal growth
- Describe the negative effects of delaying enteral nutrition
- Enumerate the benefits of fortifying human milk
- Provide examples of calorie expenditures of the ELBW infant and interventions to decrease these caloric expenditures.
Noninvasive Ventilation in the Preterm Infant
Carolyn J. Herrington, PhD RN NNP-BC CLC, College of Nursing, Wayne State University; Leanne M. Nantais-Smith, PhD RN NNP-BC, College of Nursing, Wayne State University
- Identify possible consequences of intubation and ventilator-related lung injury
- Discuss the importance of reducing chronic lung disease (CLD) through noninvasive ventilation (NIV)
- Explore the benefits and effectiveness of NIV and recognize the signs of respiratory failure requiring an increased level of support
- Demonstrate the various delivery methods and identify potential candidates for NIV
- Evaluate the outcomes of NIV versus invasive ventilation in reducing CLD.
To learn more and purchase NANN products, visit the NANN online store. And stay tuned for three more CNENow! modules in 2016!