2021 Second Call for Abstracts
The National Association of Neonatal Nurses (NANN) Annual Conference Committee would like to invite you to submit an abstract to present at its 37th Annual Conference being held virtually from September 13-15, 2021. This year, the planning committee has identified the need to cover a wide range of topics that will appeal to both the novice and expert neonatal nurse. As a result, we have provided a list of topics and areas of interest in order to make the application selection process less cumbersome and more diverse to better meet the educational needs of the conference attendees. The list below is not inclusive and is only meant to serve as a guide when submitting your abstract. We encourage you to suggest your own ideas, present your own research findings, or share your knowledge on a topic of interest. Please keep in mind that application submissions should focus on nursing, be state-of-the-art, evidence-based and challenge neonatal nurses at all levels of expertise.
Thinking about submitting an abstract? Check out this free webinar with guidelines and resources to help you through the process!
- Individualized Developmental Care
- Affordable health care:
- Effect on the NICU
- Assisting families in navigating the system
- Relationships in the workplace:
- Workplace violence
- Staff empowerment
- Innovation and Education, including educational outcomes
- Challenges and innovations in providing orientation and training in low resource setting practices
- Challenges and innovations in providing orientation and training to smaller nurseries
- Resuscitation and Stabilization
- Medication Safety
- Maternal/neonatal collaboration
- Patient safety/risk reduction and quality care
- Nursing Shortage
- Difficult to manage clinical issues
- Advances in research
- Patient and family experience
- Pharmacology (high priority)
- Transformational leadership
- Teamwork and communication
- Certification review topics
- Performance improvement: Implementation of Evidence Based Practice
- Addressing racial and health inequities in the NICU
- Nutritional requirements of the newborn
- Adaptation to extrauterine life
- Endocrine and metabolic issues
- Fluid and electrolyte management
- Physical assessment with focus on specific organ system
- Radiologic interpretation
- Skin and wound care
- Transport issues/safety
- Cue-based feeding, breastfeeding support, donor milk program issues
- Evidence based infection control practices
In the second call, abstracts submitted through the application process will be considered for poster presentations only.
- Presentations must avoid any semblance of commercialism: those constituting promotion and advertising are prohibited.
- The submission process involves writing a 250 word (or less) abstract. The abstract should provide an accurate, succinct, and informative representation of the content you plan to present and be relevant to neonatal nursing.
- Each submission must include 3-5 primary references.
- Poster presentations may have multiple presenters. Speaker benefits are only available to the primary presenter.
POSTER PRESENTATION GUIDELINES
- Poster presenters must register for the entire conference and are responsible for related registration fees.
- Posters will be included electronically on the conference website and mobile app.
- Additional poster format instructions will be sent upon acceptance
The application process is a blind review (i.e., the reviewers are unaware of the applicant's identity). Therefore, applicants should be careful not to disclose their identity when describing their qualifications to present on their particular topic. Applications to present at the 2021 conference will be selected based on level of expertise of the presenter and evidence of an advanced level of knowledge. Notification for acceptance for the second call will be made in Late July of 2021. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for the second call for 2021 poster abstracts is Monday, June 21, 2021, at 11:59 pm CDT.
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU ACCEPT YOUR INVITATION TO PRESENT YOUR ABSTRACT AND LATER WITHDRAW, THE AUTHOR WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR ABSTRACT SELECTION FOR TWO YEARS.
Want to be kept up to date with the latest on NANN's 37th Annual Conference?
Be the first to know about conference updates by completing the form below.