Your Neonatal & Nursing Advocates
Through the leadership of NANN's Health Policy and Advocacy Committee, NANN seeks to optimize care and health outcomes for neonates and their families. NANN also impacts nursing practice regulation and policy by fostering member engagement and collaboration with other healthcare-related groups to shape legislative and regulatory issues at the federal and state levels.
NANN's Advocacy Agenda
NANN is dedicated to advocating at the local, state, and federal level for optimized care and positive outcomes for neonates and their families, and for the nurses who care for them. Advocacy priorities include:
- Disparities Within Neonatal Care
- COVID-19 Impact on Patients and Nurses
- Mental Health of NICU Families and Nurses
- Nursing Workforce Development, Recruitment, and Mental Health Support of Nurses
- Environmental Justice and Climate Impacts
- Paid Family Leave
- Nutrition and Direct Provision of Human Milk
NANN's complete advocacy agenda can be downloaded here.
Join the MyNANN Advocacy Community to share information and insights with like-minded members.
NANN provides legislative and advocacy tools to assist members with education and participation in the policy arena. At times, NANN also partners with other organizations to provide NANN members with the most current and relevant information.
- Federal Health Policy & Advocacy Toolkit (introduction)
- State Health Policy & Advocacy Toolkit
- Legislative Advocacy 101
Partners and Alliances
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) Committee on Fetus and Newborn
- National Coalition for Infant Health
- National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP)
- National Perinatal Association
- The Nursing Community Coalition
- 1,000 Days