New in 2023! RN Rising Star Award
The RN Rising Star is for a nurse who exhibits passion and growing expertise in the field of neonatal nursing, with an attitude of continually seeking learning and professional growth opportunities. This RN actively participates in workplace activities above and beyond the expectations of their role and inspires others to do the same. The RN demonstrates a commitment to professional development and education. Additionally, the candidate collaboratively engages in projects/initiatives that positively impact their institution, patient outcomes, family interactions, and the nursing profession with a specific focus on the neonatal population.
Candidates will be able to meet the following criteria:
• Within their first five years of practice.
• Demonstrate excellence in the practice and art of neonatal nursing.
• Engaged participant in additional activities within their place of work such as committee involvement, specialty roles, and quality improvement initiatives.
• Shows evidence of learning to lead and mentor others.
• Actively seeks and participates in professional development opportunities.
Nomination and Selection Process:
NANN members can nominate a peer or self-nominate themselves for the RN Rising Star Award. Nominations must include one letter of recommendation and a CV/resume. Submitted applications are shared with the NANN Awards Task Force members for review and the applicants are scored based on their ability to meet the award's criteria.
Recognition and Reimbursement:
The awardee will receive complimentary conference registration, airfare/ground transportation stipend of $500, housing stipend of $500, and a trophy at NANN's Annual Conference.