APRN Rising Star Award
The Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) Rising Star is for an APRN who exemplifies passion for their work and is making a large impact in a short time through exemplary practice, leadership, service, and education. A Rising Star contributes to the growth of the profession in the early stages of their career by engaging in projects, publications, activities, and initiatives that demonstrate achievements that have a sustained and positive impact on his/her institution and the profession as a whole.
Candidates will be able to meet the following criteria:
• Within their first five years of practice.
• Demonstrate excellence in the practice and art of advanced practice neonatal nursing.
• Show creativity and innovation for change to improve outcomes.
• Exhibit leadership skills as appropriate for early career APRNs.
• Participates in projects, publications, and initiatives to demonstrate a steady increase in achievements.
Nomination and Selection Process:
NANN members can nominate a peer or self-nominate themselves for the APRN Rising Star Award. Nominations must include one letter of recommendation and a CV. Submitted applications are shared with the APRN Award Committee. Committee members review and score the applicants based on their ability to meet the award's criteria. View a template for the letter of recommenation here.
Recognition and Reimbursement:
The awardee will receive complimentary conference registration, airfare/ground transportation stipend of $500, housing stipend of $500, and a trophy at NANN's Annual Conference.
Audrey A. Nervig, DNP NNP-BC
2021 - Chip LeDuff, DNP RNC-NIC NNP-BC
2019 - Priscilla Meyers, MSN APRN NNP-BC
2018 - Katherine Vincent, MSN APRN NNP-BC, NNP
2017 - Bresney Crowell, MSN NNP-BC