CNE Credit Products
NANN is proud to offer a multitude of products to increase neonatal knowledge while helping nurses achieve required CNE credits.
Developmental Care CNE Modules
These 27 self-study modules serve as companion pieces to reinforce the most relevant and important elements addressed in Developmental Care of Newborns & Infants: A Guide for Health Professionals. Each module features relevant developmental care standards, chapter summaries, case studies, and self-assessment questions. You can earn CNE after completing a post-test and evaluation. These modules can be purchased individually, in bundles, or all together, and a learner can receive up to 38 CNE for all 27 modules.
Purchase all 27 modules in a bundle or individually:
- Module 1: Developmental Care State of Science
- Module 2: Theoretical Perspective for Developmentally Supportive Care
- Module 3: Quality Indicators: Using the Universe of Developmental Care
- Module 4: The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Environment
- Module 5: Caregiving and Caregiver
- Module 6: Single-Room Design in the Newborn Intensive Care Unit
- Module 7: Individualized Care: Actions for Individual Staff Members
- Module 8: Develop Care & Infant Mental Health: Strategies for Social-Emotional Care of NICU Families
- Module 9: Partnerships in Care: Mothers and Fathers
- Module 10: Achieving Success in Supporting Parents and Families in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Module 11: Critical Periods of Development
- Module 12: Factors Influencing Development
- Module 13: Dynamic Continuum of Motor & Musculoskeletal Development: Implications for Neonatal Care & Discharge Teaching
- Module 14: The NICU Experience and Its Relationship to Sensory Integration
- Module 15: Infant-Sleep-Position Protocols
- Module 16: Therapeutic Positioning: Neuromotor, Physiologic, and Sleep Implications
- Module 17: Oral Feeding and the High-Risk Infant
- Module 18: Kangaroo Care Is Developmental Care
- Module 19: Touch and Massage for High-Risk Infants
- Module 20: Pain Assessment and Nonpharmacologic Management
- Module 21: Palliative Care
- Module 22: Supporting Long-Term Development Beyond the NICU
- Module 23: Beyond the NICU: Measurable Outcomes of Developmental Care
- Module 24: Organizational Climate, Change Implementation, and Outcomes
- Module 25: Interdisciplinary Competency Validation
- Module 26: New Roles for Developmental Care
- Module 27: Professional Issues and the Future of Developmental Care: Where Will It Be in the 21st Century?
Essentials of Neonatal Nursing Orientation Lecture Series
This lecture series provides a comprehensive orientation to neonatal nursing care, helping new nurses identify basic elements of the NICU patient’s physiology and pathophysiology and apply necessary nursing interventions. All streaming videos are available for purchase in a bundle or individually.
- Essentials of Neonatal Nursing - Orientation Lecture Series Module 1: Cardiac Issues
- Essentials of Neonatal Nursing - Orientation Lecture Series Module 2: Gastroenterology Issues
- Essentials of Neonatal Nursing - Orientation Lecture Series Module 3: Genitourinary Issues
- Essentials of Neonatal Nursing - Orientation Lecture Series Module 4: Hematologic Issues
- Essentials of Neonatal Nursing - Orientation Lecture Series Module 5: Issues in Immunology and Infection
- Essentials of Neonatal Nursing - Orientation Lecture Series Module 6: Maternal - Fetal Issues
- Essentials of Neonatal Nursing - Orientation Lecture Series Module 7: Neurologic Issues
- Essentials of Neonatal Nursing - Orientation Lecture Series Module 8: Newborn Assessment
- Essentials of Neonatal Nursing - Orientation Lecture Series Module 9: Nutritional and Metabolic Issues
- Essentials of Neonatal Nursing - Orientation Lecture Series Module 10: Pulmonary issues
Best of NANN Sessions
Recorded sessions from NANN’s Annual Meetings are available from the 2018 and 2019 conferences. Covering a variety of topics from vaccine safety to wireless monitoring systems in the NICU, these sessions make great education opportunities for unit learning, lunch and learns, or chapter events.
2018 Conference Recordings:
- Minimally Invasive Fetal Surgery for Neural Tube Defects
- 2018 Neonatal Evidence-based Skin Care Guidelines
- The Surprising Value of a Physical Assessment in the Age of Technology
- The Genomics-Enabled NICU of the Future
- Every Interaction Matters: Integration of Developmental Care in the NICU (FREE!)
2019 Conference Recordings:
- Challenging NICU Parents: How to Deal as Told by NICU Parents Themselves
- Building a Bridge: NRP to PALS: Meeting the Resuscitation Needs for the No Longer "Newly Born" Infant in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Addressing Vaccine Hesitancy in the Age of Dr. Google
- Ultra-thin, Adhesive-less Epidermal Electronic Systems with in-sensor Analytics for Neonatal Intensive Care
- Transcatheter Closure of Patent Ductus Arteriosus in Premature Babies Less Than 2kg
- Supporting Auditory Development in the Premature and High-risk Infant: We Don't Get Do-overs! (FREE!)
2020 Conference Recordings:
Membership Has Its Benefits: The Role of Professional Organizations in Cultivating Leadership Skills
In this webinar, NANN President Joan Rikli presents the benefits of professional membership and how belonging to NANN can serve as an asset to your professional growth. Learn about the many resources that NANN offers its members and opportunities to volunteer where your leadership skills can be honed and applied. You’ll also hear about Joan’s own experience in growing in leadership to become the current president of NANN.
The absence of an adequate, consistent leadership pipeline has been cited as a key challenge in nursing today. Strong leadership is critical if the vision of a transformed health care system is to be realized. Presented by Pam Spivey, this webinar will explore opportunities in leadership development available to participants through active engagement in the National Association of Neonatal Nurses and beyond.
This free presentation will cover the basics of submitting a successful NANN abstract. Instructions, guidelines, helpful hints, and expert opinion will educate the learner to write an abstract for submission to NANN’s educational conference and Research Summit. Anyone interested in submitting an abstract to NANN in the next year will understand best practice tips and resources to guide their writing.
CNENow! Learning Modules
The authors discuss the importance of accurate interpretation of blood gases using an organized, stepwise approach. A review of the underlying causes of blood gas changes and minimization of potential errors to allow for timely interventions will also be examined.
The authors discuss the multifactorial etiology of this disease in the VLBW infant. The importance of human milk in the preterm infant's immune defenses and educating parents and caregivers about special feeding needs as a means of prevention are also considered.
The author discusses the importance of maintaining a neutral thermal environment in the ELBW. Nursing interventions and implications are identified to decrease the incidence of temperature instability in the ELBW.
The author discusses neonatal sepsis and the importance of timing of diagnosis. Challenges with timing of treatment and liberal use or overuse of antibiotics are identified.