Developmental Care of Newborns and Infants, 3rd Edition
New edition available!
Update and improve your neonatal and newborn intensive care unit (NICU) nursing know-how, with the evidence-based Developmental Care of Newborns and Infants, 3rd Edition. This leading text on developmentally supportive care of infants and their families addresses the full spectrum of neonatal care, from prenatal planning to delivery, plus neonatal intensive care and the transition to home.
In this new edition:
- New and fully updated content and practice guidelines
- New practice standards from the European Foundation for Infants and Newborn Children
- New content aligned with the findings of the Gravens Task Force standards for high-risk newborns
- New color-enhanced photographs of infants
Chapters offer latest evidence-based findings and best practices, including:
- The science of infant- and family-centered developmental care including the history and principles
- Infant- and family-centered care standards for NICU
- Healthcare team collaboration, including the family
- Theoretical perspective for individualized family-centered developmental care (IFCDC)
- Quality indicators for developmental care – trauma-informed conceptual model
- Infant mental health – essential strategies for social-emotional care of NICU families
- The structures and processes of critical periods of fetal development
- The NICU sensory environment
- Collaborative therapeutic positioning – multisystem and behavioral implications
- The high-risk infant – oral feeding, touch and massage, pain assessment and nonpharmacologic management, palliative care
- Developmental care beyond the NICU
- Expert guidance from physiology of embryonic and fetal development through to coordinated, interdisciplinary IFCDC care
Questions about Developmental Care?
Not a member? Join today to receive a special discount on this product and other benefits including access to local chapters, the MyNANN community forum, and our bimonthly journal Advances in Neonatal Care.