NANN Delegation to the United Arab Emirates
NANN is developing a delegation to visit the UAE, for a high-level, in-depth international exchange. The goal of this delegation is to foster one-on-one dialogue with our UAE nursing counterparts. The NANN Delegation will convene in Abu Dhabi, UAE on January 28, 2023, and conclude in Dubai, UAE on February 3, 2023. The 2023 delegation will be led by NANN President-Elect Rachael Zastrow.
Preliminary Topics of Discussion:
- Education and preparation for practice in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Model of care delivery in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Structure of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (general bay, shared rooms, private patient rooms)
- Role of the parents in care of their infant, such as visitation, kangaroo care, rooming in, etc.
- Professional services offered in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (Occupational Therapy/Physical Therapy/Speech Therapy)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses role in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Long term follow-up care and community resources to support Neonatal Intensive Care Unit patients
Click here to see the NANN Preliminary Schedule of Activities.
The estimated cost per delegate is $3850. This includes all activities, both professional and cultural, as specified in the preliminary schedule of activities, ground transportation, accommodations, most meals, and essentially all other costs associated with participation.
The application window for the delegation to the UAE is now closed.