Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
As we all learn more about and manage the impact of the global outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), NANN will provide updated information and resources, may need to postpone planned events, and certain customer services may be delayed. The situation is evolving and we will update this page regularly as new information becomes available.
COVID-19 resources for healthcare providers:
- CDC updates
- CDC Information for Healthcare Professionals
- WHO updates
- ANA general COVID-19 updates
- ANA Crisis Standard of Care: COVID-19 Pandemic
- ANA COVID-19 Legislative, Regulatory, and Advocacy Update
- ANA petition for PPE
- AAP updates
- AAP recommendations for the Neonatal Resuscitation Program: AAP recommendations about extending or providing grace periods of NRP Provider and Instructor cards
- National Perinatal Association updates
- March of Dimes updates
- Proper Donning and Doffing for PPE infographic
16 hours of free CNE for all neonatal nurses:
During these challenging times, working long hours on the frontlines as the world battles coronavirus disease we want to ensure you're able to get the education you need and meet your CNE requirements. NANN, with the support of Pampers, part of the P & G family, is offering ALL 16 Best of NANN Conference Recordings free to all neonatal nurses. Stream all or your preferred selection of NANN's most in-demand sessions, get a taste of the comprehensive education available to you at any NANN Annual Conference, and earn up to 16 hours of free CNE after you complete the post-tests. Please note: Streaming requires a NANN account, but not a NANN membership and is available through August 31.2020. Learn more and stream sessions today!
COVID-19 joint position statement:
In conjunction with the National Perinatal Association, the National Association of Neonatal Nurses review and discuss the most current literature findings and recommendations from the American Academy of Pediatrics, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the World Health Organization regarding mother/newborn infant postpartum care in the hospital if a mother is COVID-19+. Download our Mothers with COVID-19 and Their Newborn Infants infographic.
NANN Webinar - Coronavirus Disease 2019: The Neonate, Risk for Vertical Transmission and Perinatal/ Neonatal Management Strategies
In this webinar, Desi Newberry, DNP, NNP-BC, Clinical Assistant Professor, East Carolina University College of Nursing, and Neonatal Nurse Practitioner, WakeMed Raleigh, will discuss the Coronavirus pandemic in terms of modes of transmission, symptomology and epidemiology. She will also guide the learner through neonatal clinical manifestations, laboratory and radiologic findings for COVID-19 as described by the Chinese expert consensus and identify perinatal and neonatal management strategies for persons under investigation (PUI) as outlined by the Chinese expert consensus and the American Academy of Pediatrics.
This webinar is free to all and offers 1 hour of CE. Click here for more details on the webinar.
NANNcast - COVID-19 in the NICU: Impact on Shared Decision Making
In this NANNcast episode, Jill Beck and Tiffany Moore, PhD RN, expand on NANN and NPA's COVID-19 joint position statement regarding the unique challenge of creating a culture of shared decision making between the mother and clinical team during the COVID-19 pandemic. Tiffany, whose research focuses on reducing chronic stress in mom and baby, will guide listeners through how to best support parents and babies during these stressful times. Find the episode on Apple Podcasts or your preferred podcast platform.
NANNcast - Parental Uncertainty in the Time of COVID-19
The NICU can be a scary place for any parent, and the COVID-19 pandemic is bringing new levels of uncertainty when it comes to having an infant in the NICU. NANNcast host Jill Beck is joined by Dr. Katie Malin, a neonatal nurse practitioner at Children's Wisconsin. Jill and Katie discuss how nurses can help identify and support parents experiencing uncertainty surrounding their ill infant, especially during the coronavirus pandemic. To stream to the podcast, listen to it on Apple Podcasts or tune in on your favorite podcast platform.
Potential changes to NANN customer experience due to COVID-19:
- Product purchases from the NANN store. NANN's online store is still open and processing purchases. However, in order to ensure the safety of NANN staff, customers may notice a temporary increase in shipping times of physical products. Digital purchases will process as usual and appear in My Classroom when logged into your NANN account.
- NANN membership invoices. Please note, until it is deemed safe for staff to return to the office, all NANN membership invoices will be sent digitally. Please be sure to check your email for these renewal notifications to ensure you renew on time and stay connected to our community, especially during these challenging times. You may renew by selecting Pay Open Balances when logged into your NANN account.
Changes to upcoming NANN events due to COVID-19:
- Delegation to Morocco postponed. In partnership with World Learning, NANN has postponed the delegation to Morocco until February 7-13, 2021. Stay tuned for updates and a new opportunity to register to join the delegation.
- 2020 Research Summit postponed. In partnership with Mead Johnson, NANN has postponed our 15th Annual Research Summit. Look for upcoming details about the new dates and learn how you may be able to hear from our participants and presenters.
NANN Response to COVID-19 Pandemic
The National Association of Neonatal Nurses (NANN) is committed to keeping you informed about our actions in response to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic and global emergency.
We will provide updates via our Coronavirus webpage, social media channels, and email communications. We support and encourage advocacy for increasing protective personal equipment and other resources needed for the safety and wellness of healthcare providers on the front lines.
In addition, NANN is doing all we can to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect our employees and their families. Our staff is working remotely in accordance with the CDC's guidelines for social distancing. We will maintain operations and are committed to supporting our members, customers, and the communities and patients you serve.
In this Year of the Nurse, your compassion, heart, and expertise have never been needed more. This is your time to shine. We support you, we thank you, and we encourage you to lean into your NANN community on social media and the MyNANN community forum to connect, support, and learn from each other. Should you require specific assistance from NANN, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.