2018 Emerging Leader Fellowship (ELF)
The National Association of Neonatal Nurses (NANN) is pleased to partner with Synova Associates to create the new Emerging Leader Fellowship (ELF) program.
The NANN Emerging Leader Fellowship (ELF) program’s objective is to grow and develop emerging neonatal nurses and APRNs who have been identified as having leadership potential. By equipping future leaders with translatable and transferable leadership skills, participants will be better prepared to succeed and flourish within their professional, personal, and volunteer environments.
What is the Emerging Leader Fellowship (ELF) program?
The Emerging Leader Fellowship program is an eight-month program for NANN members who wish to grow as leaders through NANN, their workplace, or a local organization. The program encourages you to develop your leadership skills and give back to the profession through volunteering. At the conclusion of the fellowship, each participant will complete a capstone or case study project that showcases leadership growth, either in the hospital or with NANN, and present a poster at the 2019 NANN Annual Conference in Savannah, GA. NANN will select five applicants for the program.
Who can apply for the Emerging Leader Fellowship (ELF) program? Applicants must be:
- A NANN member in good standing.
- Currently practicing in neonatal nursing in a role such as clinical care, education, research, administration, or consulting.
- Able to attend all required meetings, including monthly virtual meetings, the 2018 NANN Annual Conference, 2019 Synova NICU Leadership Forum, the 2019 NANN Annual Conference (to present capstone project). All travel, food and beverage, and registrations to the 2018 NANN Annual Conference and the 2019 Synova NICU Leadership Forum are provided by NANN. Applicants will be responsible for their travel expenses to the 2019 NANN Annual Conference but will receive complimentary registration.
2018 Emerging Leader Fellowship - Meeting Schedule
|Dates|| Time (CT)
|Sept 18, 2018||2 - 3 pm||Virtual|
|Oct 17 - 20, 2018||All day||Anaheim, CA|
|Nov 20, 2018||2 - 3 pm||Virtual|
|Dec 18, 2018||2 - 3 pm||Virtual|
|Jan 15, 2019||2 - 3 pm||Virtual|
|Feb 19, 2019||2 - 3 pm||Virtual|
|Mar 19, 2019||2 - 3 pm||Virtual|
|April 16, 2019||2 - 3 pm||Virtual|
|April 28 - May 2, 2019||All day||Phoenix, AZ|
|May 21, 2019||2 - 3 pm||Virtual|
|Oct 9 - 12, 2019||All day||Savannah, GA|
Is there a fee associated with the Emerging Leader Fellowship (ELF) program?
There is no fee to apply and NANN is proud to support the leadership development and progression of its members. All ELF participants will receive hotel accommodations, travel support, and complimentary registrations to the 2018 NANN Annual Conference and the 2019 Synova NICU Leadership Forum and New Leader Bootcamp. Applicants will be responsible for their travel expenses to the 2019 NANN Annual Conference, but will receive complimentary registration.
Is there CNE available with the Emerging Leader Fellowship (ELF) Program?
Yes, up to 60 hours of CNE.
How do I apply for the Emerging Leader Fellowship (ELF) program?
Application requirements include:
- Two letters of recommendations
- One letter should be from an individual in a formal leadership position (i.e., Director, Manager of NICU, CNO, etc.)
- One letter should be from a colleague who you have recently worked with.
- A current CV/resume and headshot.
- An identified mentor within current workplace. The mentor must be in a current role that is senior to yours and work in the same environment.
- A strong desire to engage with NANN through volunteer opportunities.
- Mentor role and duties
- In conjunction with Emerging Leader, identify/develop goals for professional development during the fellowship.
- Meet with mentee once each month to review/discuss program assignments and other topics as requested by the mentee
- Serve as an advisory for the case study/project selected by the mentee.
- Write a show summary of Fellow's progress at the end of the program in May 2019.
Synova and NANN Partnership
NANN and Synova Associates have partnered to develop the Emerging Leaders Fellowship program. Whether your goals are to be a NICU leader, a leader within NANN, or want to add transferable leadership skills, this program is for you. The focus of your personal leadership goals —whether they are association based or hospital based—will determine your program experience. NANN and Synova will provide you with goal-specific information and content and your project/case study will be aligned with your goals.
How to apply for the 2018 Emerging Leader Fellowship. For all other questions, please contact Joe Lindahl, NANN Senior Operations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847.375.6304.