Each year, NANN recognizes the outstanding contributions of individuals practicing in neonatal nursing. Whether they are clinical practitioners, educators, or researchers, NANN is dedicated to honoring the achievements of those who are advancing the field of neonatal nursing. NANN chapters are also honored annually for what they accomplish on a local level.
Individual Excellence Awards
These awards are designed to recognize the contributions and dedication of neonatal nurses and neonatal nurse practitioners. To be considered for these awards, candidates must be a NANN member in good standing and nominated according to the specific award's nomination procedure. Award winners receive: complimentary conference registration, a $500 stipend to be applied to hotel and travel costs, a $250 honorarium, and a trophy.
- Leadership Award
- Navigator Award
- Robyn Main Excellence in Clinical Practice Award
- Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (NNP) Excellence Award
- Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (NNP) Rising Star Award
- Distinguished Service in Neonatal Nursing Award
- Lifetime Achievement in Neonatal Nursing Award (This award may be presented to a NANN member, a non-NANN member, a non-nurse, or posthumously.)
These awards recognize the outstanding research and educational efforts of neonatal nurses. Interested researchers must submit their work according to the specific award's procedures.
Chapter awards highlight the successes of NANN's chapters in the categories of advocacy, communications, community service, educational offerings, fundraising efforts, and membership recruitment & retention.