Mentor of the Year Award
The Mentor of the Year Award recognizes a NANN member who consistently demonstrates the power of mentoring. Recipients are clinically and technically proficient, demonstrate outstanding teaching and motivational ability, and willingly share their knowledge and experience with others. The 2020 application will open in March.
Candidates will be able to meet the following criteria:
• Perform in a mentoring role (Preceptor, NNP, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Nurse Manager, Educator, etc.)
• Demonstrate excellence in mentoring others
• Utilize interpersonal, motivational, and teaching skills in the mentoring process
• Facilitate team building, staff growth, and development
• Promote a climate of learning for the novice and passion for educating that encourages, challenges, and inspires a model of professionalism for everyone
Nomination and Selection Process:
NANN members can nominate a peer or self-nominate themselves for the Mentor of the Year Award. Nominations must include one letter of recommendation and a CV. Submitted applications are shared with the Awards Committee. Committee members review and score the applicants based on their ability to meet the award's criteria.
Recognition and Reimbursement:
The awardee will receive complimentary conference registration and travel. Additionally, they will be granted a $500 stipend, $250 honorarium, and trophy at NANN's Annual Conference.
2019 - Kelly Gilhousen, MSN RNC-NIC RN-BC
2018 - Susan Meier, DNP APRN NNP-BC
2017 - Susan Furdon, MS NNP-BC RNC
2016 - Amelia Bieda, PhD APRN PNP-BC NNP-BC
2015 - Shakira Henderson, PhD(c) DNP MS MPH RNC-NIC IBCLC
2014 - Anne Salice, MSN RN PNP NNP-BC
2013 - Jennifer Hamilton-Gilpin, BSN RN
2012 - Nancy Burke, MSN ARNP RNC-NIC
2011 - Tina Keane, BSN RNC-NIC
2010 - Pamela Spivey, MSN RN CCNS