As the voice of neonatal nursing, NANN seeks to deliver resources to professionals and parents regarding optimal care for neonates. These enduring external resources provide information to support neonatal nurses, patients, and their families.
Nursing Education and Professional Resources
- Healthcare Workers’ Respiratory Protection Training: Free resource for all hospitals, healthcare settings, and their employees offered by the American Association of Occupational Health Nurses. Nurses receive 1 CNE.
- Join your nursing peers in an effort to increase the health and wellness of all nurses: American Nurses Association Healthy Nurse, Healthy Nation Challenge
- American Psychiatric Nurses Association Nurses free webinar series Turn the Tide: Effective Treatments for Opioid Use Disorders (1.25 CNE)
- Association for Radiologic & Imaging Nursing Capnography Statement
- Minute CE Education: Earn Free CNE in minutes, on the go.
- NANN supported and endorsed the National Perinatal Association's "Interdisciplinary Recommendations for the Psychosocial Support of NICU Parents" published in Journal of Perinatology, Volume 35, Issue S1 (December 2015).
- Pediatric Nutrition CE provides free CE/CME Activities in Convenient Flexible Formats. Nearly all modules provide certified education credit for nurses, nurse practitioners, dietitians, and physicians. All activities conform to the highest educational standards set forth by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education. Categories include relevant topics such as: Maternal Nutrition, The Preterm Infant, Composition of Breast Milk, and Breast Feeding. The website is supported through an education grant from Mead Johnson Nutrition.
- Treating Babies Who Were Exposed to Opioids Before Birth, published by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
Nursing and Parent Resources
- Hand to Hold matches seasoned parents of preemies with those in need of support.
- NICU Parent Education Resources, developed by Mallinckrodt.
- NICU Resources, developed by March of Dimes.
- Preemie Parent Alliance is a network of organizations offering support to families of premature infants.
- Support for NICU Parents, developed by the National Perinatal Association, provides parent and professional resources for digital NICU family support.
- Abbott Nutrition Health Institute houses information and professional education materials on nutrition and other related neonatal topics.
- Baby First, supported by Draeger, is an education and information resource for parents and clinicians in many aspects of neonatal care.
- CDC Infant Mortality
- Huggies (Kimberly-Clark Baby and Childcare Brands)
- March of Dimes
- Mead Johnson Nutrition Nurse Connections is a nutrition-related professional education and patient education tool.
- National Coalition for Infant Health
- National Perinatal Association
- Pampers (part of the P&G family)