As the voice of neonatal nursing, NANN seeks to deliver resources to professionals and parents regarding optimal care for neonates. These enduring external resources provide information to support neonatal nurses, patients, and their families.
Nursing Education and Professional Resources
- Healthcare Workers’ Respiratory Protection Training: Free resource for all hospitals, healthcare settings, and their employees offered by the American Association of Occupational Health Nurses. Nurses receive 1 CNE.
- Join your nursing peers in an effort to increase the health and wellness of all nurses: American Nurses Association Healthy Nurse, Healthy Nation Challenge
- American Psychiatric Nurses Association Nurses free webinar series Turn the Tide: Effective Treatments for Opioid Use Disorders (1.25 CNE)
- Association for Radiologic & Imaging Nursing Capnography Statement
- Highlights from Hot Topics in Neonatology® 2016: Earn Free CNE in minutes, on the go.
- NANN supported and endorsed the National Perinatal Association's "Interdisciplinary Recommendations for the Psychosocial Support of NICU Parents" published in Journal of Perinatology, Volume 35, Issue S1 (December 2015).
Nursing and Parent Resources
- Hand to Hold matches seasoned parents of preemies with those in need of support.
- Becoming a Parent in the NICU, developed by March of Dimes, is a resource for parents during and after the NICU stay.
- March of Dimes: The Newborn Intensive Care Unit offers an overview of the NICU experience for new neonatal parents.
- Support for NICU Parents, developed by the National Perinatal Association, provides parent and professional resources for digital NICU family support.
- Preemie Parent Alliance is a network of organizations offering support to families of premature infants.
- Abbott Nutrition Health Institute houses information and professional education materials on nutrition and other related neonatal topics.
- Baby First, supported by Draeger, is an education and information resource for parents and clinicians in many aspects of neonatal care.
- Mead Johnson Nutrition Nurse Connections is a nutrition related professional education and patient education tool.