Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Rising Star Award
A Rising Star is one who exemplifies passion for their work and is making a large impact in a short time through exemplary practice, leadership, service, and education. A Rising Star contributes to the growth of the profession in the early stages of their career by engaging in projects, publications, activities and initiatives that demonstrate achievements that have a sustained and positive impact on his/her institution and the profession as a whole.
Candidates will be able to meet the following criteria:
• Within their first five years of practice.
• Demonstrate excellence in the practice and art of advanced practice neonatal nursing.
• Show creativity and innovation for change to improve outcomes.
• Exhibit leadership skills as appropriate for early career NNPs.
• Participates in projects, publications, and initiatives to demonstrate a steady increase in achievements.
Nomination and Selection Process:
NANN members can nominate a peer or self-nominate themselves for the NNP Rising Star Award. Nominations must include one letter of recommendation and a CV. Submitted applications are shared with the NNP Excellence Award Committee. Committee members review and score the applicants based on their ability to meet the award's criteria. View the committee's scoring sheet here.
Recognition and Reimbursement:
The awardee will receive complimentary conference registration and travel. Additionally, they will be granted a $500 stipend, $250 honorarium, and trophy at NANN's Annual Conference.
2019 - Priscilla Meyers, MSN APRN NNP-BC
2018 - Katherine Vincent, MSN APRN NNP-BC, NNP
2017 - Bresney Crowell, MSN NNP-BC