Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Rising Star Award
A Rising Star is one who exemplifies passion for their work and is making a large impact in a short time through exemplary practice, leadership, service, and education. A Rising Star contributes to the growth of the profession in the early stages of their career by engaging in projects, publications, activities and initiatives that demonstrate achievements that have a sustained and positive impact on his/her institution and the profession as a whole. This award is sponsored in part by Abbott Nutrition. The 2020 application will open in March.
Candidates will be able to meet the following criteria:
• Within their first five years of practice
• Demonstrate excellence in the practice and art of advanced practice neonatal nursing
• Show creativity and innovation for change to improve outcomes
• Exhibit leadership skills as appropriate for early career NNPs
• Participates in projects, publications, and initiatives to demonstrate a steady increase in achievements
Nomination and Selection Process:
NANN members can nominate a peer or self-nominate themselves for the NNP Rising Star Award. Nominations must include one letter of recommendation and a CV. Submitted applications are shared with the NNP Excellence Award Committee. Committee members review and score the applicants based on their ability to meet the award's criteria.
Recognition and Reimbursement:
The awardee will receive complimentary conference registration and travel. Additionally, they will be granted a $500 stipend, $250 honorarium, and trophy at NANN's Annual Conference.
2019 - Priscilla Meyers, MSN APRN NNP-BC
2018 - Katherine Vincent, MSN APRN NNP-BC, NNP
2017 - Bresney Crowell, MSN NNP-BC