Chapter Leaders: Scope of Responsibilites
- Supervises and directs chapter activities.
- Is responsible for ensuring that the board functions effectively, and that board members understand and adequately discharge their duties.
- Schedules meetings of the board, presides at all board and general membership meetings.
- Appoints standing and special committees, and appoints chairpersons.
- Act as the official representative of the chapter.
The Chapter President-Elect
- Perform the duties of the President in the absence or disability of the President.
- Serves as an ex-officio member of all standing committees.
- Is expected to succeed the President upon completion of the term as President-Elect or upon vacancy of the office of President.
The Chapter Secretary/Treasurer
- Maintains all chapter records, including bylaws, financial reports, and minutes of board meetings, business, and committee meetings.
- Conducts official correspondence of the chapter.
- Distributes notices of chapter meetings.
- Maintains current committee and membership rosters.
- Generally serves as a standing member of the Communication Committee or any other appointed committee.
- Is responsible for the funds of the chapter and for keeping records of all income and expenditures.
- Deposits all chapter receipts in a bank account maintained in the name of the chapter.
- Render to the officers, whenever they request it, an account of all transactions as Treasurer.
- Prepares an annual financial budget for approval by the board and keeps the membership informed of the chapters’ financial condition.