Access valuable neonatal specialist education and prep for your Neonatal Developmental Care Specialist designation
Developmental Care of Newborns & Infants: A Guide for Health Professionals, 2nd Edition
Developmental Care of Newborns & Infants: A Guide for Health Professionals provides standardized, infant-focused best practices for NICU health professionals to increase family-centered developmental care. Intended as a framework for providing multidisciplinary and transitional care to neonates, these evidence-based neonatal care guidelines will help you provide supportive care for infants and their families from birth, through the delivery room and neonatal intensive care unit to the home.
Edited by Carole Kenner, PhD RNC-NIC FAAN, and Jacqueline M. McGrath, PhD RN FNAP FAAN, these guidelines offer thorough, evidence-based resources for implementing family-centered care in the NICU and beyond. With 27 robust chapters, Developmental Care of Newborns & Infants: A Guide for Health Professionals is a foundation for best practices and serves as a primary study resource for anyone preparing for the Neonatal Developmental Care Specialist designation.
Member price: $69.95
Nonmember price: $89.95
Provide multidisciplinary and transitional care to neonates
This comprehensive text covers everything from the state of the science to caregiving application to the future of developmental care. Topics include:
- Quality Indicators: Using the Universe of Developmental Care Model as an Exemplar for Change
- Single-Family Room Design in the Newborn Intensive Care Unit
- Developmental Care and Infant Mental Health: Essential Strategies for Optimal Social-Emotional Care of NICU Families
- The Dynamic Continuum of Motor and Musculoskeletal Development: Implications for Neonatal Care and Discharge Teaching
- Infant Sleep Position Protocols
- Oral Feeding and the High-Risk Infant
- Kangaroo Care Is Developmental Care
- Cluster Care in the NICU
- Interdisciplinary Competency Validation
- New Roles for Developmental Care
Download the table of contents for a full chapter listing.
Learn more about the Developmental Care suite of products.
Have questions About Developmental Care of Newborns & Infants: A Guide for Health Professionals, 2nd Edition?
Our Member Services Representatives are here to help! Call 800.451.3795 or email email@example.com for any inquiries.
Not a member? Join today to receive a special discount on this product and other benefits including access to local chapters, the MyNANN community forum, and our bimonthly journal Advances in Neonatal Care.